[lg policy] No More Cuts! Keep Foreign Languages in Schools

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Sep 17 21:11:05 UTC 2009

 Forwarded From: edling at lists.sis.utsa.edu

Huffington Post

No More Cuts! Keep Foreign Languages in Schools

Global is everywhere today. You can hardly turn on the news or read an
op-ed without hearing how our world is growing more crowded and
interconnected. Yet I was dismayed to read a troubling piece in
Sunday's New York Times about foreign language suffering cuts yet
again in elementary schools around the country this fall. In this day
and age, American students need second language skills to keep pace
with globalization and the competition rising from the super economies
of China, India, Brazil, Mexico and Russia.

Read more at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/stacie-nevadomski-berdan/no-more-cuts-keep-foreign_b_285172.html

Members who disagree with a message are encouraged to post a rebuttal.
(H. Schiffman, Moderator)