[lg policy] New Mexico: International Indigenous Language Policy Research Conference

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 2 14:55:07 UTC 2010

American Indian Language Policy Research and
Teacher Training Center
College of Education,
University of New Mexico, USA

International Indigenous Language Policy Research Conference
April 26-27, 2010
Albuquerque, New Mexico

CONFERENCE OVERVIEW

This conference will focus on the impact of national and local
policies on the survival of indigenous
languages throughout the Americas. A central aspect of our Center’s
mission is to facilitate an international
dialogue about policy issues that will foster a better understanding
of the unique issues challenging
Indigenous communities in the maintenance and survival of their
respective languages. Our goal is to explore
the commonalities that will help build collaborative support and
advocacy of Indigenous language
maintenance efforts

more at: http://coe.unm.edu/LinkClick.aspx?fileticket=y07SEFnDPiE%3D&tabid=36

Members who disagree with a message are encouraged to post a rebuttal.
(H. Schiffman, Moderator)