[lg policy] NYTimes.com: Who's White?

Christina Paulston paulston at PITT.EDU
Fri Apr 2 19:48:13 UTC 2010

Stan,
	You don't listen - Rod wants to know why you ask such a question, for
what purpose.  It is not just an innocent question or a question of
fact,  as both you and I treated it.  Thank you Rod for pointing it
out.  I think on second thought I would say it is a question of
ascription of perception. The Japanese were white in RSA.  And I as
Swedish would not even think of whiteness  in connection with  SE
Asians.  What would President Obama be perceived as in Brazil?
Christina