[lg policy] books for review

oakes l.oakes at QMUL.AC.UK
Wed Aug 25 09:23:46 UTC 2010

Dear colleagues,

If you are interested in reviewing any of the titles below for
Language Policy, please contact me at l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk, indicating
the title and your preferred postal address. Reviews should be no
longer than 1,000 words in length and are generally due three months
after receipt of the book. Editorial guidelines and more details about
the journal are available at:
http://www.springer.com/education+%26+language/linguistics/journal/10993

I would be grateful if you could forward this list to any interested
and qualified colleagues or students. Please also note our policy of
only one review per person per year. If you have written a review for
us recently, we would therefore appreciate it if you held off this time.

With thanks and best wishes,

Leigh Oakes

Edwards, J. (2010). Language Diversity in the Classroom. Bristol:
Multilingual Matters.

Williams, G (2010). The Knowledge Economy, Language and Culture.
Bristol: Multilingual Matters.

Higgins, C. (2009). English as a Local Language. Bristol: Multilingual
Matters.

Seargeant, P. (2009). The Idea of English in Japan: Ideology and the
Evolution of a Global Language. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.

Lo Bianco, J., Orton, J. and Yihong, G. (eds). (2009). China and
English: Globalisation and Dilemmas of Identity. Bristol: Multilingual
Matters.

Grin, F., Stfreddo, C. and Vaillancourt, F. (2010). The Economics of
the Multilingual Workplace. London: Routledge.

Blackledge, A. and Creese, A. (2010). Multilingualism. London:
Continuum.

Collins, J., Slembrouck, S. and Baynham, M. (eds). (2009).
Globalization and Language in Contact. London: Continuum.

Muller, J. (2010). Language and Conflict in Northern Ireland and
Canada. Basingstoke: Palgrave.

Florey, M. (2010). Endangered Languages of Austronesia. Oxford: OUP.

Pennycook, A. (2010). Language as Local Practice. London: Routledge.

Edwards, J. (2009). Language and Identity. Cambridge: CUP.

Todeva, E. and Cenoz, J. (eds.) (2009). The Multiple Realities of
Multilingualism. Berlin: Mouton de Gruyter.

---------------------
Dr Leigh Oakes
Reader in French and Linguistics
School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
Queen Mary, University of London
London E1 4NS
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 20 7882 8319