[lg policy] job opening: Language Documentation & Conservation: Assistant Professor, University of Hawai'i at Manoa, HI, USA

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Dec 2 15:36:20 UTC 2010

Language Documentation & Conservation: Assistant Professor, University
of Hawai'i at Manoa, HI, USA

University or Organization: University of Hawai'i at Manoa
Department: Department of Linguistics
Job Location: Hawaii, USA
Web Address: http://www.ling.hawaii.edu
Job Rank: Assistant Professor

Specialty Areas: Language Documentation & Conservation

Assistant Professor of Linguistics in Language Documentation &
Conservation: The Department of Linguistics at the University of Hawai'i at
Mānoa invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position (position
no. 85018) in Language Documentation & Conservation, to begin August 1,
2011, or as soon as possible thereafter.

Minimum Qualifications: Ph.D. in linguistics or related field. (ABDs must
provide evidence that all degree requirements will have been met by the
date of hire). Applicants are expected to have practical fieldwork
experience and a demonstrated commitment to the goals of language
documentation & conservation, expertise in computational methods of data
archiving, manipulation and dissemination as well as a high-quality
research record in these areas. Evidence of superior teaching ability in
undergraduate and/or graduate linguistics courses is required.

Desirable Qualifications: Prior knowledge of one or more Asian and/or
Pacific languages; expertise in phonology, typology, morphology, or field
psycholinguistics. We are especially interested in candidates who are
willing to participate fully in the department's many language
documentation activities, including taking a leadership role in the
electronic journal, Language Documentation & Conservation, and whose
research and teaching interests allow them to interact with faculty and
students in the department, in other departments, and within the community
as well.

Salary: Commensurate with experience.

To Apply: Send a letter of application, CV, copies of key relevant
publications, teaching and research statements, and three letters of
recommendation to the address below.

Closing Date: We will begin to evaluate applications and supporting
materials by January 14, 2011.

Inquiries: Same address as application. We regret that we cannot accept
applications via fax. E-mailed applications must be followed by hard copy
postmarked (priority mail) by January 14, 2011. (E-mail address below).
Please note that we cannot ensure that all e-mail or fax communications in
regard to this position will be answered.

The University of Hawai'i is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
institution. UH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age,
disability or veteran status.

Application Deadline: 14-Jan-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
Chair, Department Personnel Committee
Department of Linguistics
University of Hawai'i at Manoa
1890 East-West Road, Moore 569
Honolulu, HI 96822
USA
Email Address for Applications: linguisthawaii.edu
Contact Information:
Acting Chair Kamil Deen
Email: linguisthawaii.edu
Phone: 8089568602

http://linguistlist.org/issues/21/21-4829.html

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)