[lg policy] Re: Heritage Foundation report on Florida schools

Ronald Kephart ronkephart at COMCAST.NET
Mon Dec 20 15:55:56 UTC 2010

  Two things:

(1)  Anything the "Heritage Foundation" has a hand in is bound to be
bullshit.

(2)  My wife and I both have been teaching here in Florida for nearly a
quarter century. She teaches third grade, I teach in what's left of the
state university system.  The agenda is not "improvement of education";
the real agenda is looking for ways for sociopathological kleptocrats,
like friends and relations of former governor Jeb Bush (who should be in
prison for helping to hand his older brother the keys to the White
House, thus making him an accomplice to the deaths of probably millions
of people), to profit from children.  Their goal is the destruction of
public education, both higher and lower, because public education
doesn't generate enough of a profit, even with the hideous and
destructive standardized testing (which I read somewhere has been linked
to increase in ADHD) that has come to rule the public schools and which
the kleptocrats want to bring to higher ed as well.

(3) Part of the plan is to make teacher pay (higher and lower)
contingent on student "performance" on these goddamn tests. They tried
this past year but Gov. Crist vetoed it. They will try again, and
probably succeed, under our new governor-elect, Rick ("Uncle Fester's
Thin Evil Twin") Scott.

OK, sorry... that was three things.

Ron