[lg policy] Public Release of Haitian Creole Language Data by Carnegie Mellon

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 23 15:29:37 UTC 2010

Public Release of Haitian Creole Language Data by Carnegie Mellon

The Language Technologies Institute (LTI) of Carnegie Mellon
University's School of Computer Science (CMU SCS) is making publicly
available the Haitian Creole spoken and text data that we have
collected or produced. We are providing this data with minimal
restrictions (see license) in order to allow others to develop language
technology for Haiti, in parallel with our own efforts to help with this
crisis. Since organizing the data in a useful fashion is not
instantaneous, and more text data is currently being produced by
collaborators, we will be publishing the data incrementally on the web,
as it becomes available.

http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/haitian/

Regards,

Jeff Allen
Advisory Board, LINGUIST-List
Assisting CMU to release this data that our team created 12 years ago,
and to create additional data and translation systems for Haiti.

http://linguistlist.org/issues/21/21-383.html

Members who disagree with a message are encouraged to post a rebuttal.
(H. Schiffman, Moderator)