[lg policy] The Mass Media In The Age Of Terrorization :7/12/'10

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 13 13:52:40 UTC 2010

Dear Joshua,

Thanks for your message.  I apologize--I didn't read it thoroughly because
it was so long, and what I did read of it  presented itself in
'academic' language that seemed
appropriate for the list.  I wondered that there was no author listed; but I
didn't think to examine it closely.  I'll watch out for this in the future.

Hal

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 11:55 AM,  <JoshuaAFishman at aol.com> wrote:
> Hal: This is an anti-semitic diatribe and I am surprised to find it on the
> list. The list just shouldn't get into such material (not even if you
> balance it with an anti-Moslem piece). Such "hate" material should find no
> place on the list or it needs to be rewritten so as to rephrase its argument
> in more general and non-accusatory terms. Language policy discussion tends
> to be hightly "perspectival" at best, but it should not decend to intergroup
> accusations and rabble-rousing per se. My opinion.
> Best wishes,
> Joshua A. Fishman
>

> Unless otherwise indicated in the above message, my co-ordinates are always:
> 3616 Henry Hudson Parkway #7B N
> Bronx, NY 10463
> tel:718-796-8484; fax: 718-796-8155
> www.joshuaafishman.com/index.html (or just: www.joshuaafishman.com)