[lg policy] UK: Clever Clegg minds his languages - all six of them

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 18 19:33:35 UTC 2010

Does anyone recall the time that when George W. Bush was meeting with the PM
of France, and an American reporter asked the French PM a question in French?
GWB almost went ballistic, verbally attacking the reporter for showing
him up or
"going behind his back" linguistically.  Americans don't expect their
Presidents to
speak "foreign" languages, either, and W's reaction was typical.

Anybody know of a You-tube clip of this?

HS

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com