[lg policy] Policy on disagreeable messages

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 18 15:42:18 UTC 2010

Dear members,

I thank all those of you who have responded on this issue, all of whom
have been supportive of continuing to send messages,
even "offensive" ones, as a way to ensure that we know what we are
dealing with "out there" and that we won't get
complacent about sentiments we do not agree with.  I currently have a
disclaimer at the end of all messages I send,
in which people are encouraged to post a rejoinder if they disagree
with something.  I would like to amend this to
recommend in addition that if members disagree with, say, a message
from the British National Party, or from the English
Only people, that they write to those people, and register their
discontent with them directly.  A copy of that message
could be forwarded to this list, just so we know about it.

Yours,

Hal Schiffman

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com