[lg policy] Endangered Alphabets Tour Needs Hosting

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 12 14:15:11 UTC 2011

Endangered Alphabets Tour Needs Hosting

Dear Colleagues,

Ever since I began the Endangered Alphabets Project
(http://www.endangeredalphabets.com) two years ago, it was my
dream to take it on a World Tour-that is, to display the exhibition in
every country it represents, to give prominence to the endangered
scripts and raise discussion about the importance of cultural
preservation.

As things stand, the countries I'd hope to visit would be Indonesia,
Vietnam, China, Liberia, Iraq, Israel, Mongolia, Guinea, Cote d'Ivoire,
the Philippines, Bangladesh and Morocco (plus others as the exhibition
expands).

I am currently fundraising to try to make this tour happen (details at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1496420787/the-endangered-
alphabets-project/), but in the meantime I need to find potential hosts
for the Alphabets exhibition.

If you know of a gallery, college, university, library or other institution in
any of those countries-or indeed any country outside North America)
that might want to host the Alphabets, please let me know by email.

Best wishes,

Tim Brookes

P.S. My apologies if you have already received this email through
another listserv.

http://linguistlist.org/issues/22/22-3207.html

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)