[lg policy] Indigenous Language Institute: Native Language News

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Dec 9 14:53:57 UTC 2011

 Forwarded From: Indigenous Language Institute <ili at ilinative.org>
Date: Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 6:07 PM

Indigenous Language Institute: Native Language News

  If you're having trouble viewing this email, you may see it
online<http://e2ma.net/map/view:CampaignPublic/id:28751.7377432609/rid=fb729f45278374332945cb98b52e2331>.

  Share This:
<http://social.e2ma.net/next/e/28751/56a2231551f8b876e1d11c7840ec3187/7377432609/?mrid=fb729f45278374332945cb98b52e2331><http://social.e2ma.net/next/t/28751/56a2231551f8b876e1d11c7840ec3187/7377432609/><http://social.e2ma.net/next/f/28751/56a2231551f8b876e1d11c7840ec3187/7377432609/><http://social.e2ma.net/next/l/28751/56a2231551f8b876e1d11c7840ec3187/7377432609/>
     <http://e2ma.net/go/7377432609/208767706/230082368/28751/goto:http://www.ilinative.org>

 As we approach the end of 2011, we are thankful for the milestones in the
indigenous language revitalization movement. This year, ILI was able to
provide training to 270 people from various tribal nations and communities
on how to use technology to create Native language materials. Over 200
people convened at ILI’s Annual Symposium in October in Albuquerque. We
have shared information with several hundred individuals through our
presentations at eight national conferences. Particularly heartwarming is
our firsthand observation of the rise in interest among youth in learning
their Native languages, as we work each year with high school and middle
school students at Santa Fe Indian School in New Mexico.

*YOUR* efforts to increase your language skills, to teach and learn the
precious languages, and to support those efforts in your special ways are
to be commended and celebrated. You all deserve a special *Thank You*!

We invite you to join this movement by supporting ILI’s work. Your generous
gift will be acknowledged in our 2011 annual report, as well as with a
special gift.

       *Avatar Na'vi Eytukan Action Figure*
For your contribution of $300 or more you will receive Eytukan, the Chief
of the Na’vi, action figure signed by actor Wes Studi (*Cherokee*) who
played that role in Avatar. This is a collector’s item and only a very few
of them are signed by Mr. Studi.
      *Harry Fonseca Poster*
Harry Fonseca (*Nissenan/Maidu/ Hawaiian/Portuguese*, 1946 – 28 December
2006) had donated to ILI his poster titled “*Coyote and Rose at Indian
Market*”. He signed 36 of these. For your contribution of $200 you will
receive the limited signed edition (unframed).

 For your contribution of $100 we will send you the unsigned poster
(unframed).

To donate, click the *Donate Now *link below and you will be taken to a
secure site where you can donate by credit card.

We wish you and your loved ones a very safe, healthy and joyful Holiday
Season!

Warmest regards,

Inée Slaughter
Executive Director

P.S. ILI’s annual report will be prepared after we close our fiscal year on
December 31, 2011 and be shared end of January 2012.

       1501 Cerrillos Road U-Building | Santa Fe, NM 87505 US

This email was sent to *hfsclpp at gmail.com*. To ensure that you continue
receiving our emails, please add us to your
address book or safe list.

*manage*<http://e2ma.net/app/view:Manage/signupId:48362/id:28751.7377432609/rid:fb729f45278374332945cb98b52e2331>your
preferences |
*opt out*<http://e2ma.net/app/view:OptOut/ID:28751.7377432609/signupId:48362/rid:fb729f45278374332945cb98b52e2331>using