[lg policy] Zambia LP

Francis Hult francis.hult at UTSA.EDU
Fri Feb 25 22:39:33 UTC 2011

I know Eddie Williams did some work on Zambia in the 1980s and 1990s (not on higher education, though, as I recall).  He may be a good person to contact about possible sources and more recent developments:
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/linguistics/about/eddiewilliams.php.en

FMH

--
Francis M. Hult, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Bicultural-Bilingual Studies
University of Texas at San Antonio

Web: http://faculty.coehd.utsa.edu/fhult/ <http://faculty.coehd.utsa.edu/fhult/>

New Book in 2011: Educational Linguistics in Practice: Applying the Local Globally and the Global Locally
http://www.multilingual-matters.com/display.asp?isb=9781847693525 <https://ruby1604.utsa.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.multilingual-matters.com/display.asp?isb=9781847693525>

New Book in 2010: Directions and Prospects for Educational Linguistics
http://www.springer.com/education+%26+language/linguistics/book/978-90-481-9135-2 <http://www.springerlink.com/content/978-90-481-9135-2>

________________________________

From: lgpolicy-list-bounces+francis.hult=utsa.edu at groups.sas.upenn.edu on behalf of Chris Allen Thomas
Sent: Fri 2/25/2011 4:32 PM
To: Language Policy List
Subject: [lg policy] Zambia LP

Hi All,
We are doing a needs analysis for one of the universities in Zambia as they endeavor to develop advanced degree programs in the country. Currently all Zambians who wish to receive a PhD must study outside the country. We recognize that language policy will be a critical area to look at, yet I am having difficulty finding research that targets this country in sufficient detail. Can anyone suggest resources?
Thank you,

PhD Candidate, Educational Linguistics
Graduate School of Education
University of Pennsylvania