[lg policy] Canada: There is no language policy in force at Full Circles Ottawa

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jan 2 20:16:16 UTC 2011

This is an issue that has arisen in the last day that we would like to
address quickly and then move on.

There is no language policy in force at Full Circles Ottawa and the
owners of the Group are in agreement that we will not be putting one
in place.  We pride ourselves in the fact that most of what we ask of
our members are simply "guidelines" with very few strict "rules".
Apart from necessary rules governing the types of items that can be
OFFERed on FCO, we want members to feel free to compose and format
their posts as they see fit.  Yes, we do have subject line "protocols"
that we would appreciate all of our members following, however you are
free to do whatever you feel is necessary in the body of your posts
that will meet your needs & abilities; hopefully leading to successful
transactions.  We want this freedom to also extend to the language or
languages used in the posts.  We would also hope that all members will
respect those choices or else simply ignore any posts that offend
their sensibilities.  Language can be a very politically charged issue
and we do not wish to have those politics debated here on FCO; they
have nothing to do with our "raison d'etre" (reason to exist).

Therefore to put it simple, our language policy is not to have a
language policy.  Thank you and Happy New Year.  - Brian, Team FCO

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)