[lg policy] Resurrection Health Care is ahead of the curve with its new language policy

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 9 16:08:16 UTC 2011

Metaphrasis Announces Partnership with Resurrection Health Care
Business, Economy, Finances, Banking & Insurance
Press release from: Metaphrasis

(openPR) - With An Eye on Positive Patient Outcomes, Resurrection
Health Care Will Utilize Metaphrasis for Medical Interpreting
Services.

Chicago, IL – June 07, 2011 -- Metaphrasis Language and Cultural
Solutions (Metaphrasis), a leading Chicago-based language services
company, and Resurrection Health Care (RHC), announced a new
partnership to provide medical interpreting services for seven
Resurrection Health Care hospitals, including Resurrection Medical
Center (RMC).

As part of their commitment to a new Language Assistance Services
(LAS) Policy, the Resurrection Health Care System requires individual
interpreters to be trained as Qualified Medical Interpreters, ensuring
they know how to: create a 2-way conversation between the patient and
the provider, understand medical and cultural terminology, and much
more. To meet new policy standards, Metaphrasis will provide on-site
medical interpreting services as well as work with staff interpreters
to help Resurrection Health Care meet their LAS goals.

Recent Joint Commission requirements have resulted in many health care
facilities taking a hard look at their available language service
programs for patients. Chicago-based Resurrection Health Care is ahead
of the curve with its new language policy, ensuring increased patient
satisfaction.

"Using untrained interpreters is a risk you should not take," says
Mireya Vera, System Director of Community Benefits and Diversity for
Resurrection Health Care. “Often, family members are used to interpret
complex medical procedures and the patient does not receive an
accurate description of their situation, nor does the provider receive
the accurate patient information critical to a correct diagnosis or
treatment plan.

"We are so pleased Resurrection Health Care has selected Metaphrasis
to be a medical interpreting partner," said Elizabeth Colón, CEO of
Metaphrasis. "It is a personal passion for us to improve patient
interactions with medical staff through interpreting and working with
organizations that recognize the value of language services."

Colón continued, "When Resurrection Health Care rolled out their new
LAS Policy we were thrilled that they not only saw the improvement in
patient experience from medical interpreting, but also sought out
qualified medical interpreters. With our training program, required
qualifications and case matching abilities, we know we will serve the
staff and patients at RHC with the quality interpreting services they
are seeking. We look forward to growing the partnership and working
with staff to uphold Resurrection's desired standards."

In addition to RHC’s 7 hospitals, Metaphrasis will also be providing
services to Resurrection nursing and rehabilitation facilities.

"We believe Metaphrasis is a great fit," says Vera. "We always remind
hospital staff that if they are having a tough time understanding an
LEP patient, the patient is having an even tougher time."

For more information about new industry medical interpreting
requirements or Metaphrasis, please visit www.metaphrasislcs.com or
call 815-464-1423.

About Resurrection Health Care
Resurrection Health Care is a nationally ranked leader in quality
care. Our family of health care services provides advanced medical
care and exceptional customer service with compassion and hope. Our
hospitals, nursing homes, retirement communities, home health
services, behavioral health programs and numerous outpatient services
are conveniently located in many Chicagoland neighborhoods. For more
information, please visit www.reshealthcare.org.

of the Holy Family of Nazareth and the Sisters of the Resurrection.

A physician-led and patient-focused medical group representing a broad
spectrum of both primary and specialty care, Resurrection Medical
Group provides accessible, quality care and excellent service
throughout the greater Chicagoland area. To find a Resurrection
Medical Group physician near you, call 855-RES-DOCS (855) 737-3627 or
visit us online at rmg.reshealth.org. Resurrection Medical Group is
part of Resurrection Health Care — a nationally ranked leader in
quality care that offers a full continuum of services for you and your
family.

About Metaphrasis
Metaphrasis is a full-service language company connecting businesses
with their diverse clients and community. Language services include
onsite interpreting, telephonic interpreting, document translation,
cultural diversity training, testing, and consulting. Providing
language services is just one way businesses can show their dedication
to their clients, employees, and community. Based on a recent company
survey, Metaphrasis was rated superior in the areas of
professionalism, client service, expertise in their field and
trustworthiness in medical interpreting. The company is headquartered
in Frankfort, Illinois and may be reached at 815-464-1423, in Chicago
at 312-924-1845 or online at www.metaphrasislcs.com. Follow
Metaphrasis on Twitter @Metaphrasislcs or Facebook at
www.facebook.com/metaphrasislcs.

Contact:
Amy Chilla
Metaphrasis
Chicago, IL
312-924-1845

achilla at teaminnova.com
www.metaphrasislcs.com

-- http://www.openpr.com/news/178389/Metaphrasis-Announces-Partnership-with-Resurrection-Health-Care.html
 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)