[lg policy] books available for review

Rakhmiel Peltz rp27 at DREXEL.EDU
Wed May 4 20:10:33 UTC 2011

Leigh:

I would be interested in reviewing the Flores or Hornberger books. Thanks,

Rakhmiel

Rakhmiel Peltz, Ph.D., Ph.D.

Professor of Sociolinguistics
Director of Judaic Studies
Drexel University
331 Hagerty Library
Philadelphia, PA 19104

Tel: 215-895-1499
Fax: 215-895-0229
E-mail:RP27 at Drexel.edu

________________________________
From: lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu [lgpolicy-list-bounces at groups.sas.upenn.edu] On Behalf Of Leigh Oakes [l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk]
Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 11:40 AM
To: Charlotte Hoffmann; Clare Mar-Molinero; Michel Francard; Miquel Strubell; Martin Howard; Kimmo Kosonen; Monica Heller; Frank Seifart; Pierre Larrivée; Erez Levon; Kaz Matsumoto; Suzanne Romaine; Robert Blackwood; Carol Benson; Ruth Wodak; Stephen May; Selim Ben Said; Francis Hult; Robert Phillipson; Lisa Atalianis; John Hajek; Itesh Sachdev; David Graddol; Carol Sanders; Jenny Cheshire; Rusiko Amirejibi; Diane Vincent; Laurent Puren; Elatiana Razafi; Language Policy List; Colleen Cotter; Anthony Lodge; Kristine Horner; Vera Regan; Dawn Marley; François Grin; Chris Pountain; Abraam de Swaan; Douglas Walker; Philippe Hambye; Cser András; Claude Simard; Anne Judge; Maeve Conrick; Wim Remysen; Lars Fant; John Edwards; David Hornsby; Andreas Papapavlou; Nigel Armstrong; Andrew Linn; Linda Cardinal; Tommaso Milani; Jean-Marc Dewaele; Sue Wright; Monique Burston; Björn Jernudd; Tove Skutnabb-Kangas; Wayne Finke; Amanda Hilmarsson-Dunn; Jürgen Erfurt; Felicity Rash; Sue Fox; Bernard Spolsky; Aidan Coveney; Joshua Fishman; Kathleen Heugh; Alexandre Duchêne; Michael Clyne
Subject: [lg policy] books available for review

Dear colleagues,
As one of the book review editors for Language Policy, I would like to draw your attention to the titles listed below. If you are interested in reviewing any of these, please contact me at l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk<mailto:l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk>, indicating the title and your preferred postal address. Reviews should be no longer than 1,000 words in length and are generally due three months after receipt of the book. Editorial guidelines and more details about the journal are available at:
http://www.springer.com/linguistics/applied+linguistics/journal/10993
I would be grateful if you could forward this list to any interested and qualified colleagues or students. Please also note our policy of only one review per person per year. If you have written a review for us recently, I would therefore appreciate it if you held off this time.
With thanks and best wishes,
Leigh Oakes

Omoniyi, T. (ed.) (2010). The Sociology of Language and Religion. Basingstoke: Palgrave.
Vaish, V. (ed.) (2010). Globalization of Language and Culture in Asia: the Impact of Globalization Processes on Language. London: Continuum.
Hornberger, N. (ed.) Can Schools Save Indigenous Languages? Policy and Practice on Four Continents. Basingstoke: Palgrave.
Liddicoat, A. J. and Scarino, A. (eds.) Languages in Australian Education: Problems, Prospects and Future Directions. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
Walsh, J. (2011). Contests and Contexts: The Irish Language and Ireland’s Socio-Economic Development. Bern: Peter Lang.
Grin, F., Sfreddo, C. and Vaillancourt, F. (2010).The Economics of the Multilingual Workplace. London: Routledge.
Flores Farán, J. A. and Ramallo, F. (eds). (2010). New Perspectives on Endangered Languages. Amsterdam/Philadelphia: John Benjamins.
Zwaan, K, Verrips, M. and Muysken, P. (eds) (2010). Language and Origin: The Role of Language in European Asylum Procedures: Linguistic and Legal Perspectives. Nijmegen: Wolf Legal Publishers.

---------------------
Dr Leigh Oakes
Reader in French and Linguistics
School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
Queen Mary, University of London
London E1 4NS
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 20 7882 8319