[lg policy] fyi: Free Articles from the Journal of Sociolinguistics

Carol Myers-Scotton myerssc3 at MSU.EDU
Mon Nov 14 14:15:30 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 8:52 AM, Harold Schiffman wrote:
> Hi, Carol,
>
> I'm not sure what you mean--you didn't access it, or you didn't
> hear about it from other sources, or what?  I haven't tried
> to access it myself...
>
> Hal
>
> On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Carol Myers-Scotton <myerssc3 at msu.edu
> <mailto:myerssc3 at msu.edu>> wrote:
>
>     On 10/21/2011 10:06 AM, Harold Schiffman wrote:
>
>         Free Articles from the Journal of Sociolinguistics
>

>         To mark the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the NWAV (New Ways
>         of Analyzing Variation) conference, the Journal of
>         Sociolinguistics has
>         assembled a virtual issue that highlights a few key
>         contributions to our
>         understanding of sociolinguistic variation, all published in
>         the Journal of
>         Sociolinguistics starting with its first issue in 1997.
>
>         The collection points to a number of theoretical insights and
>         analytic
>         innovations, often first presented at NWAV and then disseminated
>         through the Journal. These themes include the study of vernacular
>         speech, standard language, change in real and apparent time,
>         language ideology, ethnicity, gender, power, authenticity,
>         globalization,
>         bilingualism, acquisition of variation, social meaning,
>         indexicality,
>         perception, cognition, and the birth of new dialects.
>
>         Read this virtual issue for free at:
>         http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/(ISSN)1467-
>         <http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1111/%28ISSN%291467->
>         9841/homepage/virtual_issue.htm
>
>         http://linguistlist.org/issues/22/22-4096.html
>
>     Hi Hal,  I never got this web site for free articles from the J of
>     Socio to work.  Did you?  Carol Myers=Scotton

> --
> =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
>
>  Harold F. Schiffman
>
> Professor Emeritus of
>  Dravidian Linguistics and Culture
> Dept. of South Asia Studies
> University of Pennsylvania
> Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305
>
> Phone:  (215) 898-7475
> Fax:  (215) 573-2138
>
> Email: haroldfs at gmail.com <mailto:haroldfs at gmail.com>
> http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/
> <http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/%7Eharoldfs/>

HI Hal, sorry to have bothered you.  I must have made a mistake.  I
thought the posting came from you, but it must have just been on
Linguist List.
I will look further and let you know if I find anything.   The posting
said that in honor of NWave's 40th anniversary, the editors were putting
out (electronically) a set of some of the best papers from the Journal
Of Sociolinguistics.    Carol