[lg policy] French urban sociolinguistics site

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 8 15:45:36 UTC 2011

Forwarded  from
VAR-L Digest - 29 Sep 2011 to 30 Sep 2011 (#2011-86)
-------- Message original --------
 Sujet: VAR-L Digest - 29 Sep 2011 to 30 Sep 2011 (#2011-86)  Date : Sat, 1
Oct 2011 00:03:08 +0100  De : VAR-L automatic digest system
<LISTSERV at JISCMAIL.AC.UK> <LISTSERV at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>  Répondre à : Variationist
List <VAR-L at JISCMAIL.AC.UK> <VAR-L at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>  Pour :
VAR-L at JISCMAIL.AC.UK

There is 1 message totaling 230 lines in this issue.

Topics of the day:

  1. Open courseware in French on French sociolinguistics

Date:    Fri, 30 Sep 2011 10:21:01 +0100
From:    Damien Hall <D.Hall at KENT.AC.UK> <D.Hall at KENT.AC.UK>
Subject: Open courseware in French on French sociolinguistics

Please excuse cross-postings!

For French-speaking colleagues, I'm forwarding this from the Réseau
Francophone de Sociolinguistique list:  an impressive-looking online
Introduction to Sociolinguistics from Thierry Bulot and Philippe
Blanchet, two of the most prominent sociolinguists in France.  I
haven't had the chance to look at it yet;  given their research in the
past, and given the prevailing tendency in sociolinguistics in France,
it is likely to be interactional sociolinguistics, not variationist,
but I am still posting it on the Variationist List as well  because
there are people on it who work on and in French.

Thierry Bulot in particular is a great advocate of using the Internet
to disseminate learning: much more can be found on his site here:

http://www.sociolinguistique-urbaine.com/

Damien