[lg policy] 8th International Conference on L3 Acquisition and Multilingualism

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 26 14:53:49 UTC 2011

8th International Conference on L3 Acquisition and Multilingualism
Short Title: 8th L3 Conference 2012

Date: 13-Sep-2012 - 15-Sep-2012
Location: Castelló, Spain
Contact Person: Maria-Pilar Safont-Jordà
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics

Call Deadline: 31-Jan-2012

Meeting Description:

The 8th International Conference on Third Language Acquisition and
Multilingualism will be held at the University Jaume I of Castelló,
Spain, on 13-15 September 2012.

Keynote Speakers:

Dr Larisa Aronin (Trinity College, Dublin)
Professor Jasone Cenoz (University of the Basque Country, Spain)
Professor Vivian Cook (University of Newcastle, United Kingdom)
Professor Ofelia García (City University of New York, USA)

Call for Papers:

We welcome original and previously unpublished papers on research on
the acquisition or use of three or more languages. The language of the
conference is predominantly English, but shall also consider
contributions in other languages.

Abstracts for parallel session papers and symposia should be sent in
English or in the language of presentation accompanied by an English
translation.

Individual papers will be assigned 30 minutes slots: 20 minutes for
the presentation and 10 minutes for questions. Themed symposia have 2
hour slots (4 papers): proposers should include the chair's name,
participants' names, titles and abstracts for the papers in their
symposium after obtaining their agreement to participate.

Topics include multilingualism in relation to:

- Acquisition of 3rd, 4th, 5th languages
- Multiple language acquisition in multilingual contexts
- Psycholinguistics
- Neurolinguistics
- Speech processing in multilinguals
- Affect (attitudes, emotions)
- Multilingual families
- Mobility and migration of multilinguals
- Multilingual majorities/minorities
- Sociolinguistic studies of multilinguals in their communities
- Multilingual cultures
- Language policies
- Educational language policies
- Literacy in multiple languages (pluriliteracy)
- Multilingualism in educational settings
- Standards, assessment and evaluation
- Teacher training in multilingual contexts
- Higher education
- Education and immersion in multiple languages
- Languages and globalization
- Languages and economics
- Translation, interpreting, and mediation

Abstracts:

Please send your abstract (up to 300 words) through 31 January 2012 to
L3conferenceCSgmail.com, providing your name and affiliation on the
second page separate.

Scientific Committee:

Dr Larissa Aronin (Trinity College, Dublin)
Professor Raphael Berthele (University of Fribourg, Germany)
Professor Jasone Cenoz (University of the Basque Country, Spain)
Dr Gessica De Angelis (Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy)
Professor Jean Marc Dewaele (University of London, Great Britain)
Professor Suzanne Flynn (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA)
Professor Danuta Gabryś-Barker (University of Silesia, Poland)
Professor Britta Hufeisen (Technical University of Dramstadt, Germany)
Professor Ulrike Jessner (University of Innsbruck, Austria)
Professor Johannes Müller-Lancé (Universität Mannheim, Germany)
Professor Maria Pilar Safont-Jordà (Universitat Jaume I, Spain)
Professor Eva Vetter (University of Vienna, Austria)

Organisers:

Professor Eva Alcón-Soler (Universitat Jaume I)
Professor Victòria Codina-Espurz (Universitat Jaume I)
Dr Otilia Martí-Arnándiz (Universitat Jaume I)
Laura Portolés-Falomir (Universitat Jaume I)
Professor Maria-Pilar Safont-Jordà (Universitat Jaume I)
Professor Patricia Salazar-Campillo (Universitat Jaume I)

http://linguistlist.org/issues/22/22-4177.html

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)