[lg policy] Another Dana cartoon on the subject of "universal language"

Elena Bashir ebashir at UCHICAGO.EDU
Sat Oct 29 16:43:19 UTC 2011

I think that these are a good resource - especially for teachers.
Something amusing to print out and put on an office door or a bulletin
board or to use as a catalyst for class discussion.  I hope you can find
some way to maintain and keep this archive accessible.

Thanks for all your work on it,
Elena Bashir

On 10/29/2011 11:31 AM, Harold Schiffman wrote:
> All,
>
> There's another Dana cartoon on the subject of universal language today which
> you can view at: http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur
>
> I haven't had much reaction from anyone about this series, which I'm downloading
> and putting on our website at
> http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/plc/clpp/images/cartoons/cartoons.html
> and I can't send images to the listserv (the server doesn't like it)
> so I'd like to know if
> I should continue to load these.  It takes some time and effort, which
> I could do without.
> (I'm going to try to send this one along with this message, just to be sure.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> HS

E. Bashir, Ph.D., Senior Lecturer in Urdu
Department of South Asian Languages and Civilizations
The University of Chicago, Foster 212
1130 E. 59th St.
Chicago, IL 60637
Phone:  773-702-8632