[lg policy] Open courseware in French on French sociolinguistics

Damien Hall D.Hall at KENT.AC.UK
Fri Sep 30 09:21:01 UTC 2011

Please excuse cross-postings!

For French-speaking colleagues, I'm forwarding this from the Réseau Francophone de Sociolinguistique list:  an impressive-looking online Introduction to Sociolinguistics from Thierry Bulot and Philippe Blanchet, two of the most prominent sociolinguists in France.  I haven't had the chance to look at it yet;  given their research in the past, and given the prevailing tendency in sociolinguistics in France, it is likely to be interactional sociolinguistics, not variationist, but I am still posting it on the Variationist List as well  because there are people on it who work on and in French.

Thierry Bulot in particular is a great advocate of using the Internet to disseminate learning: much more can be found on his site here:

http://www.sociolinguistique-urbaine.com/

Damien