[lg policy] Call for papers: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2012

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 17 14:52:46 UTC 2012

Call for papers: Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and
Planning Conference 2012

University of CalgaryAre you interested in language policy and related
research? I’m on the organizing committee for this upcoming conference
in Calgary and promised I’d share this call for papers. We’d love to
have you submit a proposal!
Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2012

September 6 – 8, 2012

University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Plenary Speakers

    Francois Grin, University of Geneva
    Elana Shohamy, Tel Aviv University
    Peter Ives, University of Winnipeg

Call for papers

This international conference will be held at the University of
Calgary, Canada.  We invite papers that approach language policy from
a variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives, and in a
variety of contexts, from the local/institutional to national/global.
We invite abstracts (500 words maximum) for papers in any of the
following areas:

    Language policy and political theory
    Official language policies
    Language policy and lingua franca
    Heritage language policies
    Language policy and globalization
    Ideologies and language policies
    Language policies in school settings
    National identities and language policies
    Language policy and the economics of the workplace
    Non-official languages in mainstream classrooms
    Language policies and social mobility
    Language attrition, language revitalization and language policies
    Language policies and transnational communities

Abstracts should be 500 words maximum including all references. The
deadline for submissions is June 1, 2012.

Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the
field. Final decisions will be sent to authors by June 15, 2012.

Each paper presentation should be 20 minutes, with 10 minutes for
discussion. You can submit a maximum of two contributions, one as
author and one as co-author or discussant.

Principal conference organizers: Dr. Tom Ricento and Dr. Mary O’Brien.

Go here to submit your proposal: http://www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp/call-for-papers

Conference website: http://www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp/

Click here for a downloadable poster for the conference.

Conference Twitter hashtag: #malpp

http://drsaraheaton.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/call-for-papers-multidisciplinary-approaches-in-language-policy-and-planning-conference-2012/

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)