[lg policy] book notice: Everyday Ethnicity in Sri Lanka: Up-country Tamil Identity Politics

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 7 20:22:43 UTC 2012

Forwarded From: Daniel Bass <dbass6 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Everyday Ethnicity in Sri Lanka: Up-country Tamil Identity Politics

I am pleased to announce the publication of my first book, Everyday
Ethnicity in Sri Lanka: Up-country Tamil Identity Politics, as part of
the Routledge Contemporary South Asia series.  I have attached a flyer
with a full description of the book (or go to
http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415526241/) and a 20% off
discount code (MRJ62) if you order directly from Routledge. Many of
you have helped me through the various stages of research, writing and
editing that have preceded this publication, and I express my profound
thanks to all of you.

If the book seems expensive, even with the discount, you can recommend
that your library purchase the book, Routledge has provided the
following form to make the process easier:
http://www.routledge.com/resources/librarian_recommendation/9780415526241/

Also, if you would like to review the book for a journal or other
publication, you can fill order a copy with this form:
http://www.routledge.com/resources/review_copy_request/9780415526241/

I plan to be at the Conference on South Asia at Madison in October,
where Routledge will have copies for sale as well.  Books should also
be available at the upcoming American Anthropological Association and
Association for Asian Studies annual meetings.  A paperback version
will be published in Sri Lanka or India, but not for another 18
months, so if you cannot wait until February 2014 to read the book,
the relatively pricey hardcover is your only option.

Daniel Bass
Visiting Assistant Professor of Anthropology
Southern Connecticut State University
501 Crescent Street
New Haven CT 06515-1355
Tel:  203-392-7002

Visit the AISLS web site at: http://www.aisls.org/
Post to the AISLS list-serve: aisls-l at lists.pdx.edu

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)