[lg policy] emailing a CFP to all of the LG policy List

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 10 16:56:46 UTC 2012

Dear Nathalie Schmit,

Thanks for your message.  I have just checked in the archives to see
whether your CFP for a conference at Aberdeen had gone out to the whole
list, but I do not find a record of it. I am
therefore confused as to why you both received the message in your inbox,
and also got
a message saying you are not authorized to send messages.

I will forward your message to the list, but I will also ask the IT people
here to look into
why you're getting conflicting messages.  It has happened before, and
recently.  One
reason I have learned is that your email system at your institution may
code email
addresses slightly differently than you have specified, so that our system
doesn't recognize
the different coding, and rejects it.  That has happened several times, and
there isn't
much I can do to rectify that.  If it does happen, I'm happy to forward a
rejected message
to the list.

Best,

H. Schiffman