[lg policy] Language policy and Manx National Heritage

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 28 16:00:03 UTC 2012

Language policy and Manx National Heritage

Adrian Cain a vidgi:

    In this video I discuss MNH's attitude towards Manx Gaelic with
Edmund Southworth, the Director of Manx National Heritage.

    "We make sure that our front of house teams welcome people in
Manx. The first words people should hear when they arrive at one of
our sites should be in Manx. And I think that's a respect for the
heritage, respect for the traditions of the people whose stories we're
telling... and that's very important"

    "This is a formal Manx event - therefore we greet people in Manx.
I don't have a problem with that. They may be the only words of the
evening, but it's the recognition and the respect..."

http://officedujerriais.blogspot.com/2012/02/language-policy-and-manx-national.html

[P.S.:  Members might also wish to visit the home page of this group,
which is dedicated
to the use of the Jersey language (jerriais) (hs)]

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)