[lg policy] Language Policy: Isaac Newton Group of Telescopes

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 13 15:33:51 UTC 2012

LANGUAGE POLICY AND SUPPORT
Language Policy

If your mother-tongue is not Spanish, you might feel this could become
a barrier when settling into your new work and life in La Palma. We
reassure you this will not cause you much hassle as the official
language of our organization is English. See our language policy
Language Policy (LPON 10/01).

Language Support

ING offers you language support through the Administration Group,
assisting you to make sure you settle in smoothly. A member of the
Administration Group will be at your side offering you support as you
register as follows:
Official paperwork:

-Registering at the Local Police Station (NIE)
-Social Security Office (National insurance number)
-Open a Bank Account
-Registering at the Town Hall
-Registering at the Medical Centre (GP)

Accommodation:

We will provide a list of Estate Agents, assist you with any queries,
prove help and the necessary information to find the most suitable
place for your permanent home in La Palma.
We will also provide language support if required when contacting the
Estate Agents.

Medical Services:

Language support can be requested from ING´s Administration Group for
your first visit to the Medical Centre. Language support will cover
administrative and general matters only. Translations between doctor
and patient will not be provided.
Financial Language Support:

ING will cover expenses up to 80% for members of Staff and 50% for
partners, both for Spanish and English lessons if required, with a
maximum allowance of € 300 per person and year.

http://www.ing.iac.es/about-ING/Vacancies/Human_Resources/PDF_doc/Language_policy_and_support.pdf

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)