[lg policy] Books available for review - Language Policy

Michael Fikremariam mickyfiker at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jul 11 06:30:48 UTC 2012

Dear Leigh,

I would like to review the following book
   Hélot, C. and Ó Laoire, M. (eds.) (2011). Language Policy for the Multilingual            Classroom: Pedagogy of the Possible. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.

--- On Tue, 7/10/12, Leigh Oakes <l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk> wrote:

From: Leigh Oakes <l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk>
Subject: [lg policy] Books available for review - Language Policy
To: "Leigh Oakes" <l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk>
Date: Tuesday, July 10, 2012, 8:18 AM

Dear colleagues,

As one of the book review editors for Language Policy, I would like to draw your attention to the titles listed below. If you are interested in reviewing any of these, please contact me at l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk, indicating the title and your preferred postal address. Reviews should be no longer than 1,000 words in length and are generally due three months after receipt of the book. Editorial guidelines and more details about the journal are available at:

http://www.springer.com/10993

We would be grateful if you could forward this list to any interested and qualified colleagues or students. Please also note our policy of one review per person per year. If you have written a review for us recently, we would therefore appreciate it if you held off this time.

With thanks and best wishes,
Leigh Oakes
---------------------
Dr Leigh Oakes
Reader in French and Linguistics
School of Languages, Linguistics and Film
Queen Mary, University of London
London E1 4NS
United Kingdom

Tel: +44 20 7882 8319
Fax: +44 20 8980 5400
Email: l.oakes at qmul.ac.uk
Web: http://www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk/staff/oakes.html
Books available for review
Rapatahana, V. and Bunce, P. (eds). (2012). English Language as Hydra: Its Impacts on Non-English Language Cultures. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.Mauranen, A. and Ranta, E. (eds.) (2010). English as a Lingua Franca: Studies and Findings. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.Seargeant, P. 2012). Exploring World Englishes: Language in a Global Context. London: Routledge. [TEXTBOOK]Weber, J.-J. and Horner, K. (2012). Introducing Multingualism: A Social Approach. London: Routledge. [TEXTBOOK]Seargeant, P. (ed.). (2011). English in Japan in the Era of Globalization. Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan.Stroud, C. and Wee, L. (2012). Style, Identity and Literacy: English in Singapore. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.Hélot, C. and Ó Laoire, M. (eds.) (2011). Language Policy for the Multilingual Classroom: Pedagogy of the Possible. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.Zwaan, K., Verrips, M., Muysken, P. (eds.) (2010). Language and Origin: The Role of Language
 in European Asylum Procedures: Linguistic and Legal Perspectives. Nijmegen: Wolf Legal Publishers.Hewings, A. and Tagg, C. (eds). (2012). The Politics of English: Conflict, Competition, Co-existence. London: Routledge. [TEXTBOOK]Rindler Schjerve, R. and Vetter, E. (2012). European Multilingualism: Current Perspectives and Challenges. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.Landau, J. M. and Kellner-Heinkele, B. (2012). Language Politics in Contemporary Central Asia: National and Ethnic Identity and the Soviet Legacy. London: I. B. Tauris.Schiffman, H. F. (ed.) (2011). Language Policy and Language Conflict in Afghanistan ad Its Neighbours: The Changing Politics of Language Choice. Leiden: Brill.Heinrich, P. (2012). The Making of Monolingual Japan: Language Ideology and Japanese Modernity. Bristol: Multilingual Matters.
Tel: +44 20 7882 8319Fax: +44 20 8980 5400Email: l.oakes at qmul.ac.ukWebhttp://www.sllf.qmul.ac.uk/staff/oakes.html

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----