[lg policy] Taalcentrum-VU, Netherlands

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 22 16:23:42 UTC 2012

Language assessment
Do your employees have a good enough command of Dutch? Are you in
recruiting new staff and do you have particular language requirements
in mind? Perhaps you want to know whether your employees can write
flawless texts? Or whether they can formulate a message clearly and
concisely? Do they have what it takes to correspond independently?

Taalcentrum-VU’s language tests can provide you with the answers to
all of these questions. Our language assessments can help you obtain a
rapid insight into the language skills of your employees or
prospective employees.

    Our online language test consists of multiple-choice questions in
a number of different categories, such as spelling, grammar, lexical
choice and phrasing.
    Our e-mail writing test assesses an employee’s or prospective
employee’s ability to carry out a writing exercise in Dutch or in
English.
    Are you interested in organizing a large-scale language skills
assessment for a particular group (e.g. incoming students)?
Taalcentrum-VU is the company behind a tried and tested language test
for the higher education sector (Taaltoets Hoger onderwijs).

How does it work?

Language assessments are a matter of cooperation: you decide which
questions you want to have answered. We take this as the basis for
developing a test for you. For example, it could be a combination of
an online language test and a customized written exercise.
Further information

Are you interested in arranging one of our language tests? Please
contact Annette van der Schee: you can call her on +31 (0)20 - 598 64
20 of send an e-mail to avanderschee(at)taalcentrum-vu.nl.

http://www.taalcentrum-vu.nl/en/taalassessment.html
 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)