[lg policy] Ukraine: Azarov: If language law needs to be amended, we are ready for compromise

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jul 27 15:09:55 UTC 2012

Azarov: If language law needs to be amended, we are ready for compromise

The bill on the principles of the state language policy of Ukraine may
be amended, Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov has said.

"The president and the government have clearly stated their position.
We have stated that we will thoroughly examine the proposed law, and
if this law, which was put forward by two MPs, contains provisions
that need to be changed, if the amendments to this law are reasonable,
we are ready to compromise, because the field for a compromise is very
broad," he said in an interview with the Russian newspaper Zavtra
(Tomorrow).

"The issue of stability in Ukraine, and the issue of unity in the
country are extremely important to us," the premier said.

http://www.interfax.com.ua/eng/main/112244/

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)