[lg policy] Second Call for Papers: Language Policy and Planning Conference2012, Calgary, Canada

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 19 14:30:02 UTC 2012

Forwarded From:  <lpp at ucalgary.ca>
Date: Fri, May 18, 2012 at 7:45 PM

Second Call for Papers: Language Policy and     Planning
Conference2012, Calgary, Canada

***Second Call for Papers***

Please see attached flyer for additional details

Multidisciplinary Approaches in Language Policy and Planning Conference 2012

September 6 - 8, 2012
University of Calgary

Conference Website: www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp

Conference registration is now open!

Plenary Speakers:
* Francois Grin, University of Geneva
* Peter Ives, University of Winnipeg
* Elana Shohamy, Tel Aviv University

This international conference will be held at the University of Calgary in
 Alberta, Canada. We invite papers that approach language policy from a
 variety of theoretical and methodological perspectives, and in a variety
 of contexts, from the local/institutional to national/global.  We invite
 abstracts (500 words maximum) for papers in any of the following areas:

*Language policy and political theory
*Official language policies
*Language policy and lingua franca
*Heritage language policies
*Language policy and globalization
*Ideologies and language policies
*Language policies in school settings
*National identities and language policies
*Language policy and the economics of the workplace
*Non-official languages in mainstream classrooms
*Language policies and social mobility
*Language attrition, language revitalization and language policies
 *Language policies and transnational communities

Abstracts should be 500 words maximum including all references. The
 deadline for submissions is June 1, 2012.

Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the
 field. Final decisions will be sent to authors by June 15, 2012.

Each paper presentation should be 20 minutes, with 10 minutes for
 discussion. Papers should be presented in English. You can submit a
 maximum of two contributions, one as author and one as co-author or
 discussant.

For more information, please visit our website at
www.educ.ucalgary.ca/lpp

Conference Organizers:
* Thomas Ricento
* Mary O'Brien