[lg policy] The Dark Reality of Secession Fantasy

Gareth Price garethowenprice at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 20 03:20:11 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I thought some of you might find interesting a recent op-ed I wrote for the
Huffington Post. It's on language, nationalism and the recent secession
petitions in the US:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/garethprice/secession-petitions_b_2152763.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

(If that link breaks, then this one is shorter: http://tinyurl.com/c35d6fn
)
Comments welcome - bearing in mind that some of the nuances of the issues
have to be glossed over for a non-academic audience.

There's also a couple of older pieces on language and politics, here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/garethprice/

Apologies for the paucity of my contributions to the list this year ...
I've been snowed under ...

Best,

Gareth

--