[lg policy] national vs officila language

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at GMAIL.COM
Tue Nov 20 15:33:11 UTC 2012

This is a confusing topic, and I don't think there's a way to lock down a
definition.
In India, e.g. Hindi is the "national" language, but not the only
"official" one, since English is also co-official at the national level.
Then there are the "official" languages of various states, a lot of them.

HS

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com