[lg policy] LP Cartoons Page

Gareth Price gareth.price at DUKE.EDU
Wed Nov 21 19:59:54 UTC 2012

Further to Hal's lament that nobody seems to notice the cartoons page -
just thought I'd chime in and say that I do! I use it as a teaching
resource all the time ...

They are great examples to prod my undergraduates with, in order to get at
some of the underlying assumptions they have about LP and language more
broadly. Getting them to articulate *why* a cartoon actually works/is funny
is much more effective as a strategy than teaching "from the front".

So, thank you Hal - and please keep them coming!

Best,

Gareth

--
Gareth Price, Ph.D,