[lg policy] GameRage: Clarifying our Language Policy

Dave Sayers D.Sayers at SWANSEA.AC.UK
Sun Oct 7 07:24:08 UTC 2012

http://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/t/18647.aspx

Due to recent events, we would like to clarify our spamming policy.

We had an incident which resulted in GM_Cylon, Senior Game Master, to log into the game and issue a
final warning to anyone spamming or abusing the chat. You can read this warning below. Please be
advised that spamming is STRICTLY against the Terms of Use that you agreed to when making your
account and will not be tolerated.

[...]

**In public chat, speaking in another language other than English is also considered spam, however,
you are free to use your native language in private rooms, whispers and messages.**

(Click on for more of this gaming forum's policy towards multilingual communication.)

http://forum.gamerage.com/crossfire/forums/t/18647.aspx

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Honorary Research Fellow, Arts & Humanities, Swansea University
dave.sayers at cantab.net
http://swansea.academia.edu/DaveSayers