[lg policy] Call for Book Reviews

BARBARA MCCAULEY LOVEJOY bclovejoy at MSN.COM
Thu Oct 18 18:02:22 UTC 2012

I would be happy to review this book: Miramontes, O., Nadeau. A., & Commins, N. (2011). Restructuring schools for linguistic diversity: Linking decision making to effective programs. Teachers College Press
Barbara (McCauley) Lovejoy
Executive Director/PrincipalEsperanza Elementarywww.esperanzaelementary.orgwww.esperanzaelementary.blogspot.com801-305-1450bclovejoy at msn.com
 From: KMenken at gc.cuny.edu
To: lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu; lpren at caltalk.cal.org
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 13:18:59 -0400
CC:
Subject: [lg policy] Call for Book Reviews

Dear Colleagues,I am co-editor of book reviews for Language Policy, and we are seeking reviewers for the books listed below. Please let me know if you are interested by contacting me directly off-list (kmenken at gc.cuny.edu). Ellis, S. & McCartney, E. (Eds.) (2011). Applied linguistics and primary school teaching. Cambridge University Press.Miramontes, O., Nadeau. A., & Commins, N. (2011). Restructuring schools for linguistic diversity: Linking decision making to effective programs. Teachers College Press.Norrby, C. & Hajek, J. (2011). Uniformity and diversity in language policy: Global perspectives. Multilingual Matters.Shin, S. (2012). Bilingualism in schools and society: Language, identity, and policy. Routledge.Wyman, Leisy T. (2012). Youth Culture, Language Endangerment and Linguistic Survivance. Bristol, UK: Multilingual Matters.Please keep in mind that reviews for Language Policy are typically not more than 1000 words in length and due 3 months after the reviewer receives the book. We do not accept reviews written by reviewers who have a close relationship to the book's author (e.g., current or former students, colleagues, etc.).
Thank you,Kate
Kate Menken
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Queens College
    e-mail: kmenken at qc.cuny.edu
Research Fellow, Research Institute for the Study of Language in Urban Society, CUNY Graduate Center
    e-mail: kmenken at gc.cuny.edu
Website: http://web.gc.cuny.edu/Linguistics/people/menken

Co-Principal Investigator, CUNY-New York State Initiative for Emergent Bilinguals (cuny-nysieb.org)