[lg policy] Forwarded from Kate Menken, review editor for Language Policy

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 18 19:04:25 UTC 2012

Dear Colleagues,

I am co-editor of book reviews for Language Policy, and we are seeking
reviewers for the books listed below. Please let me know if you are
interested by contacting me directly off-list (kmenken at gc.cuny.edu),
or pass this on to others who might be interested.

Ellis, S. & McCartney, E. (Eds.) (2011). Applied linguistics and
primary school teaching. Cambridge University Press.

Miramontes, O., Nadeau. A., & Commins, N. (2011). Restructuring
schools for linguistic diversity: Linking decision making to effective
programs. Teachers College Press.

Norrby, C. & Hajek, J. (2011). Uniformity and diversity in language
policy: Global perspectives. Multilingual Matters.

Shin, S. (2012). Bilingualism in schools and society: Language,
identity, and policy. Routledge.

Wyman, Leisy T. (2012). Youth Culture, Language Endangerment and
Linguistic Survivance. Bristol, UK: Multilingual Matters.
Please keep in mind that reviews for Language Policy are typically not
more than 1000 words in length and due 3 months after the reviewer
receives the book. We do not accept reviews written by reviewers who
have a close relationship to the book's author (e.g., current or
former students, colleagues, etc.).

Thank you,
Kate

__________________
Kate Menken
Associate Professor of Linguistics
Queens College
    e-mail: kmenken at qc.cuny.edu
Research Fellow, Research Institute for the Study of Language in Urban
Society, CUNY Graduate Center
    e-mail: kmenken at gc.cuny.edu
Website: http://web.gc.cuny.edu/Linguistics/people/menken

Co-Principal Investigator, CUNY-New York State Initiative for Emergent
Bilinguals (cuny-nysieb.org)

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com