[lg policy] Language Documentation & Conservation

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 17 14:32:36 UTC 2012

Language Documentation & Conservation

Call Deadline: 31-Dec-2020

The journal Language Documentation & Conservation is announcing its
new policy for accepting full-length articles on technological issues
in language documentation and conservation. Until now we have mainly
published reviews of software in our technology section, but we are
now inviting articles on technology as it applies more broadly to our
field.

The electronic format of LD&C means that articles can be published
more quickly than a traditional journal, allowing cutting-edge
discussions to take place before the technology becomes out-of-date.

Possible topics include:

Technological standards for language documentation and conservation
Methods/Work-flows for processing language data, both in the field and
out of the field
Comparisons of equipment in different environments
Thoughtful suggestions for future directions for tech standards
Etc.

Technology articles will receive full peer review, and should be
written with an eye to making a substantial new or timely contribution
to the field.

Instructions for submitting articles can be found here:
http://www.nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/submissions.html

---

And as always, we are eager to accept technology reviews related to
any aspect of language documentation, conservation, and/or
revitalization. This can include software and hardware. Traditionally
our technology reviews have been in written format, but we are also
open to alternative presentations including video reviews.

Previously published technology reviews are listed below; if you are
interested in reviewing another piece of technology -- or a
considerably newer version of an item listed below -- please feel free
to contact the Technology editor via email or see our Submissions Page
for further information.

-ANVIL: Annotation of Video and Language Data 5.0
-Audiamus 2.3
-Computerized Language Analysis (CLAN)
-Emdros: The Database Engine for Analyzed or Annotated Text
-EUDICO Linguistic Annotator (ELAN)
-Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx)
-Fieldworks Language Explorer (FLEx) 3.0
-Final Cut Pro
-Fontographer
-FR-2LE Digital Audio Recorder
-High Definition Video Camera HDC-HS 100P/PC and HD Writer 2.6E High
Definition Image Management/Easy Editing Software
-InqScribe
-JVC GY-HM100U HD video camera and FFmpeg libraries
-Kirrkirr
-LexiquePro
-LEXUS
-NViVo 8
-Phon: Free Software for Phonological Transcription and Analysis
-Phonology Assistant 3.0.1
-Transana 2.30
-Transcribe!
-TshwaneLex Dictionary Compilation Software
-TypeCraft
-WeSay
-WordSmith Tools
-Wunderkammer

http://linguistlist.org/issues/23/23-3854.html

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)