[lg policy] Language Policy of NOVA Doctoral School

Harold Schiffman hfsclpp at GMAIL.COM
Tue Feb 26 16:33:27 UTC 2013

Language Policy

The position of NOVA Doctoral School on the use of different languages
in its courses is based on an inclusive, pragmatic and flexible
approach. We are committed to supporting all our PhD students,
recognizing social, linguistic and cultural diversity.

We are also aware that the ability of some of our foreign students to
express themselves and understand oral presentations, documents or
publications in Portuguese may sometimes be limited.

 Therefore, our courses will be taught in English, whenever there is a
student who does not understand and/or speak Portuguese. If all
participants speak Portuguese, the course will be conducted in
Portuguese.

Course documents and material will be made available in English.

http://www.unl.pt/en/doctoral-school/Language_Policy/pid=381/ppid=38/

 A copy of this may be forwarded to this list as well.  (H. Schiffman,
Moderator)