[Lgpolicy-list] [lg policy] Re: New calendar for sociolinguistics events

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Wed Dec 3 15:25:21 UTC 2014

Hello Eventful People,

The Sociolinguistic Events Calendar is really taking off! It's now busy with events
through to next summer, and it's also being reciprocally plugged on a number of
conference websites. With this sort of prominence we're well on the way to helping my
promotion prospects, I mean being a solid fixture for sociolinguists!

And I've managed to rope in a co-administrator, Jonathan Kasstan (University of Kent
& Université Sorbonne Nouvelle - Paris 3). I managed this by cleverly concealing how
much work was involved, haha! But many hands make light work; we're keen to recruit
more admins, so get in touch now if you'd like to share in this glamour.

Speaking of glamour, we've also gained a new online home inside the British
Association of Applied Linguistics (BAAL) website. The actual calendar itself hasn't
moved anywhere (it's the same details I circulated before for subscribing to it),
it's just been wrapped up with a fancy new packaging on the BAAL site:
http://www.baal.org.uk/slxevents.html. As you can see, having this site also provides
space for including some brief guidance about how to use it, and some much-needed
publicity for me and Jonathan. If you too would like to bathe in this glory, get in
touch for admin training! No experience necessary, only saintly patience and endless
obedience to my overbearing administrative nitpicking.

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University, UK