[lg policy] Linguist List Issue: The Multilingual Mind: Sharwood Smith, Truscott

Thu Feb 20 14:42:00 UTC 2014

hfs thought you might be interested in this item from the LINGUIST List
hfs says ...

Message1: The Multilingual Mind: Sharwood Smith, Truscott
Date:18-Feb-2014
From:Joyce Reid jreid at cambridge.org
LINGUIST List issue http://linguistlist.org/issues/25/25-829.html

Title: The Multilingual Mind
Subtitle: A Modular Processing Perspective
Publication Year: 2014
Publisher: Cambridge University Press
	   http://cambridge.org

Author: Michael Sharwood Smith
Author: John Truscott

Hardback: ISBN:  Pages:  Price: U.K. � 75.00
Hardback: ISBN:  Pages:  Price: U.S. $ 115.00

Abstract:

1. Introduction; Part I. The Framework: 2. The language module: architecture and representations; 3. Processing in the language module; 4. Growth of the language module: acquisition by processing; 5. Beyond the language module; Part II. Applying the Framework: 6. The bilingual mind introduced; 7. The growth of a second language; 8. Consciousness and attention; 9. The role of consciousness in language growth; 10. Issues in SLA revisited; 11. Conclusion; References.

1. Introduction; Part I. The Framework: 2. The language module: architecture and representations; 3. Processing in the language module; 4. Growth of the language module: acquisition by processing; 5. Beyond the language module; Part II. Applying the Framework: 6. The bilingual mind introduced; 7. The growth of a second language; 8. Consciousness and attention; 9. The role of consciousness in language growth; 10. Issues in SLA revisited; 11. Conclusion; References.

Linguistic Field(s): Cognitive Science
                     Language Acquisition
                     Linguistic Theories
                     Psycholinguistics

Written In: English  (eng)

See this book announcement on our website:
http://linguistlist.org/get-book.html?BookID=69555

Also you can take a look at it by visiting
http://linguistlist.org/issues/25/25-829.html

Read other LINGUIST List posts:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/index.cfm

Get your own free subscription to The LINGUIST List:
http://linguistlist.org/LL/subs-index.cfm