[lg policy] Re: D.Litt

Ayaz Ahmed ayazmardan at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 11 05:57:00 UTC 2014

Respected Prof. Tariq Rahman,

Congratulations on having this long over due recognition of your work. Many
people have learnt much from your work. This news make us all happy.

Sincerely,
Ayaz Ahmad

> > Dear colleagues,
> > The University of Sheffield examined my published work for the award of a
> > higher doctorate and I was told last night that the examiners have
> > recommended me for the award of an D.Litt.
> > I would like to thank many of you whose work I read in order to write my
> > own. My work may be of interest to those who are interested in language
> > politics and history of language learning etc in South Asia.
> >
> > Tariq Rahman Ph.D
> > HEC Distinguished National Professor
> > & Professor Emeritus,
> > Dean School of Education
> > Beaconhouse National University
> > 3-C, Zafar Ali Road, Lahore 54400,
> > Pakistan.
> >

> > My other e-mail address is:-
> > drtariqr8 at gmail.com
> > tariq.rahman at bnu.edu.pk

> --
> =+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
>
>  Harold F. Schiffman
>
> Professor Emeritus of
>  Dravidian Linguistics and Culture
> Dept. of South Asia Studies
> University of Pennsylvania
> Philadelphia, PA 19104-6305
>
> Phone:  (215) 898-7475
> Fax:  (215) 573-2138
>
> Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com
> http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~haroldfs/

> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 10:01:26 -0500
> From: Harold Schiffman <hfsclpp at gmail.com>
> Subject: [lg policy] Japan Provides Rs. 100 million to promote
>         Trilingual Language Policy in Sri Lanka
> To: lp <lgpolicy-list at groups.sas.upenn.edu>
>
>  Japan Provides Rs. 100 million to promote Trilingual Language Policy in
> Sri Lanka
> <
> http://www.news.lk/news/sri-lanka/8643-japan-provides-rs-100-million-to-promote-trilingual-language-policy-in-sri-lanka
> >
>   Details Published on Saturday, 08 March 2014 05:12
>
>   The Government of Japan has granted Rs. 100 million under its Non-Project
> Counterpart Fund for implementing two projects identified by the Government
> of Sri Lanka, aimed at facilitating the implementation of the Trilingual
> Language Policy of Sri Lanka.
>
> Under this programme japan provides Rs. 80.24 million  for teacher
> development and capacity building by improving the quality of learning and
> teaching of Sinhala, Tamil, and English to promote trilingual Sri Lanka.
> The project will be implemented by the Ministry of Education and would
> support the development of teacher training material and conducting of
> training programs at provincial, zonal and divisional levels, establishment
> of quality circles of language teachers etc.
>

> Rs. 20 million will be provided for this project for printing of study
> packs based on syllables prepared for second language proficiency in all
> four levels of public officers and the printing of related course modules.
> This project will be implemented by the Ministry of National Languages and
> [...]

Ayaz Ahmad
Lecturer in English,
Department of English,
Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan.
Ph.D. Research Scholar,
Area Study Centre (Russia, China & Central Asia),
University of Peshawar.
Cell Phone: +92-334-8432207+92-334-8432207
Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype