[lg policy] PhD Studentships, Sheffield Hallam University

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at CANTAB.NET
Tue Mar 25 21:46:34 UTC 2014

(Apologies for cross-posting... hope my posting doesn't make anyone cross.)

"Applications are invited for four PhD studentships. The studentships are for three
years, subject to satisfactory progress, and will include full UK/EU tuition fees and
a stipend of £13,863, per annum.  Bursary holders will be expected to contribute to
the resourcing of the student experience during their second and third years of
study, either through seminar teaching or some other form of student support. This
forms part of the terms and conditions of the bursary and there is no additional
payment for it. The bursaries are not open to applicants who have already started
their PhDs."

More details here: http://goo.gl/2cfD3S.

That page includes a number of subjects within the Department of Humanities (it's a
big department), and under the rather unassuming category 'language' lies a whole
host of multi-talented people, including (ahem) myself. Here's the list of staff:
http://www.shu.ac.uk/faculties/ds/humanities/staff/. I'm not on that page yet because
I'm such a noob, but my academia.edu profile is linked in my email signature below --
and anyway, you all know me, right?

Contact details for initial inquiries are on that site. I'm really not the best
person to contact in the first instance (though I'd be happy to supervise in due course).

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University, UK