[lg policy] Linguist List Issue: Endangered Languages Project- Improved Site!

The LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Apr 22 15:02:24 UTC 2015

hfs thought you might be interested in this item from the LINGUIST List
hfs says ...

Message1: Endangered Languages Project- Improved Site!
Date:20-Apr-2015
From:Stephanie Walla stephanie at endangeredlanguages.com
LINGUIST List issue http://linguistlist.org/issues/26/26-2117.html

We're pleased to announce the launch of the new and improved Endangered Languages Project website!

Here are some of the new features we're excited to share with you:

1. New and improved browsing
- Our new browse by category feature makes finding information and resources concerning the world's endangered languages much easier! For example, if you are interested in resources about language education you can filter your search to topics such as ''curriculum design'' or ''immersion and language nest resources.''

- You can also browse resources based on their format (audio, video, image, guide, document or link) and choose to view resources by newly added or most viewed. Our resources include information on anthropology, sociology, education, cognitive science, environmental science, public policy, and more and have been uploaded by users and researchers alike.

2. Easier process for submitting materials
- With our new submission process, you can add resources by category and tag resources so that they can be easily searched. You can choose from existing tags such as ''language advocacy'' or ''language teaching methods'' or create your own!

We are also happy to report that the Endangered Languages Project will be available in five additional languages later this spring!

We're very happy to bring you these new features and we hope that you will join us in this worldwide effort to share knowledge, resources and connect with others who are passionate about language conservation.

Feel free to get in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you!

With warm regards,
The Endangered Languages Project team

Also you can take a look at it by visiting
http://linguistlist.org/issues/26/26-2117.html

Read other LINGUIST List posts:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/index.cfm

Get your own free subscription to The LINGUIST List:
http://linguistlist.org/LL/subs-index.cfm