[lg policy] Chris Candlin passing

Johnson, David C david-c-johnson at uiowa.edu
Tue Aug 4 17:30:14 UTC 2015

I was saddened to learn that Chris Candlin passed away earlier this year. Chris was one of the editors for the Palgrave Macmillan book series "Research and Practice in Applied Linguistics," in which my own book appears (Language Policy, 2013). List members may also be interested to know that he was the general editor for the "Language in Social Life Series" for Longman, in which James Tollefson's Planning Language, Planning Inequality (1991) was published. He was a fierce editor but a great guy. You can read an obituary here: http://www.mq.edu.au/about_us/faculties_and_departments/faculty_of_human_sciences/linguistics/linguistics_staff/professor_christopher_n_candlin/

David Cassels Johnson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Foreign Language and ESL Education

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
University of Iowa
240 Lindquist Center North
Iowa City, IA 52242-1529