[lg policy] Call for papers & invitation: World-Conference on Pluricentric Languages and their Non-Dominant Varieties:

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 15:38:23 UTC 2015

.

*Call for Papers *

******************* W**orld-Conference on Pluricentric Languages and their
Non-Dominant Varieties:*
***************
http://www.pluricentriclanguages.org/ndv-conf-graz-2015/
Organized by the International Working Group on Non-Dominant Varieties of
Pluricentric Languages (WGNDV)
* Conference** date: *July 08–11, 2015
*Location:* University of Graz, Austria
*Submission deadline: *March 30, 2015
*Notification of acceptance: *April 15, 2015
*Publication of papers*: A volume of selected papers is to be published by
Peter Lang Verlag, Frankfurt.
All papers for the conference and the publication will be peer-reviewed.
The conference will also have a section on language technology providing
scholars the possibility to present their methods and approaches in corpus
linguistics, natural language processing and the computational treatment of
linguistic variation existing between and within national varieties.
******************
*Invitation:*
We would like to invite scholars from around the world to participate in
the 4th conference organized by the Working Group on Non-Dominant Varieties
of Pluricentric Languages (WGNDV).
The conference is devoted to the description of pluricentric languages and
in particular of non-dominant national varieties of plc. languages.
These are the varieties that are small by the number of their speakers and
their symbolic power, and are not the primary norm-setting centres of the
language. They may often be falsely attributed the status of a “dialect”,
and have little or no codification of their norms. Typically, nd-varieties
often have to legitimate their norms towards the dominant varieties etc.
The previous conferences of the WGNDV (see
www.pluricentriclanguages.org...conferences) have shown that non-dominant
varieties around the world have many linguistic and sociolinguistic
features in common. We would therefore like to deepen our knowledge and
invite scholars from around the world to take part in the conference and
give insight into the situation

-- https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A2=var-l;e7138e92.1501

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com