[lg policy] International conference on language revitalization

Mrs. Joshua Fishman Joshuaafishman at aol.com
Fri Apr 22 19:30:54 UTC 2016

Dear Serafin Coronel-Molina,

I received the announcement about this forthcoming conference and am
delighted to see the breadth and scope of the papers  you hope to
receive. My husband, Joshua A. Fishman, of blessed memory, would be so
pleased. He would have certainly wanted to attend and participate. I
am sure that his life-work will live in many of the presentations
within all four categories you have listed.

I would like to wish you and your assistants  an inspiring conference
that will lead to more positive, creative  and dedicated language
revitalization of small languages and their ethnic identity. May this
be the first of more  such opportunities for people to share their
knowledge of and active commitment to this humanistic topic. We, my
family and I, who are committed to and involved in maintaining our own
small language, Yiddish, applaud your endeavor. Your hard work will
have been a success, only if the participants  act and persevere long
after the conference is over.

I look forward to reading more about the program.
Your work is so very important!

Sincerely,
Gella Schweid Fishman