[lg policy] Fwd: Faces of English 2: Teaching and Researching Academic and Professional English - Abstract Submission Deadline Extended

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 17:21:28 UTC 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: facesofenglish <caesconf at hku.hk>
Date: Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 2:07 AM
Subject: Faces of English 2: Teaching and Researching Academic and
Professional English - Abstract Submission Deadline Extended
To: "haroldfs at gmail.com" <haroldfs at gmail.com>

Dear Colleague

*Call for paper – Deadline Extended to 1st January 2017*

Thank you so much for many of you who are interested in presenting at our
2017 Faces of English 2 International Conference and have submitted your
proposals. The diversity of topics and the originality and quality of your
submissions promises to make our conference a memorable and
thought-provoking one.

For the many of you who expressed a strong interest in presenting at the
conference but did not have enough time to submit your proposals before the
deadline, we have good news: we have decided to extend the deadline until *1st
January 2017 (23:59 Hong Kong Time)*.

This gives you a whole extra month to work on your proposals. With so much
extra time, we would be grateful if you could inform your colleagues or
someone you know who might also be interested in participating in our
conference.

Kindly be reminded that we have five distinguished scholars join us as plenary
speakers <http://caes.hku.hk/facesofenglish2/plenary-sessions/>:

·         *Professor Vijay K Bhatia*

·         *Professor Janet Holmes*

·         *Professor Ken Hyland*

·         *Professor Anna Mauranen*

·         *Professor John Swales*

Five EAP/ESP experts will also be joining our conference as featured
speakers <http://caes.hku.hk/facesofenglish2/featured-speakers/>:

·         *Dr. Gail Forey*

·         *Professor Azirah Hashim*

·         *Professor Ann Johns*

·         *Dr. Jane Lockwood*

·         *Professor Brian Paltridge*

If you would like to keep up-to-date with the latest news about the
conference or just reacquaint yourself with all the key dates and details,
please refer to the flyer attached or visit our conference website:
http://caes.hku.hk/facesofenglish2 or Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/caes2017

We look forward to receiving your proposal by the New Year’s Day!

Regards
Faces of English 2 Conference Organizing Committee

*If you do not want to receive any further e-mail about this event, please

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com