[lg policy] Fwd: Appen Invite for Translator/Linguist - Austronesian Languages (Samoan, Tongan, Fijian, Tahitian, Hmong Daw and Malagasy)

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 15:26:49 UTC 2016

Forwarded From: Annalyn Magarin <amagarin at appenrecruiting.com>
Date: Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM

To: haroldfs at gmail.com

My name is Annalyn Magarin and I am a Staffing Consultant for Appen, a
language and search technology solutions and consulting firm. With
expertise in more than 150 languages, Appen partners with leading
technology and ecommerce companies as they develop new offerings and expand
them to global markets.

[...]

We are proactively building up our database of translators and linguists in
order to have a pool of people we can call on for tasks and projects,
potentially at very short notice. In particular, we are looking to find
translators and linguists for Samoan, Tongan, Fijian, Tahitian, Hmong Daw
and Malagasy to support our client’s machine translation (MT) development
efforts within the next 6 months. These tasks and projects may range in
duration from a few hours to a few days to weeks or months in some cases.

We typically have two kinds of tasks available. For translation work the
qualifying candidate should be a native speaker of their language, fluent
in English, experienced with translation or localization and have great
attention to detail as they would be working with gold standard data set.
For linguistic work we are also looking to hire native speakers with a
recent Bachelor's, Master's or early career PhD level of linguistic
experience and education. However, more experienced candidates are not
discouraged from applying. Experience with MT systems is a bonus for
linguist candidates.

Requirements:

•      Native speaker of the above languages (Samoan, Tongan, Fijian,
Tahitian, Hmong Daw and

      Malagasy)

•      Proficient knowledge of English both oral and written.

•    Degree in translation or linguistics (or related field) or equivalent
experience. We may ask you to

      take a short screening test.

•      Very good grammar and spelling skills in target language.

•      Excellent attention to detail.

•      Accountability, ability to meet deadlines and to work in a team.

•      Reliable internet connection.

We may have already reached out to you with this request. However, we are
still needing qualified language professionals and I was hoping that you
might be able to help by recommending someone. I would appreciate your help
in spreading the word among qualified students or language professionals.

To apply and learn more about the roles, please click on the links below
for a full description at:

For Samoan:

https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVFNUEzQ0I3NjZBNjU4M0QxNTcmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300

For Tongan:

https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVFNUEzQ0JCRjE3QjUwQjMxNTcmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300

For Malagasy:

https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVFNUEzREQxQTQ4Rjk1MkQxNTcmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300

For Tahitian:

https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVFNUEzREQwNEQ0NDIwOTUxNTcmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300

For Fijian:

https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVFNUE0REM2RDFCOUY5RDcxNTcmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300

For Hmong Daw:

https://erec.appen.com/sap/bc/erecruiting/posting_apply?param=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODA3Qjk5MUVFNUEzREU1MEJDRjY3MzMxNTcmY2FuZF90eXBlPQ%3d%3d&sap-client=300

Candidates are also required to register at
http://appenonline.appen.com.au/  and
take the Spelling Test for their native language under the Qualifications
tab.

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Best regards,

*Annalyn Y. Magarin*

Staffing Consultant
amagarin at appen.com | LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=419578801&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile>

*Appen* | www.appen.com | Visit us on Facebook
<http://www.facebook.com/AppenInc>

<http://www.jobs.net/jobs/Appen/en-us/join>

11812 North Creek Parkway N Ste 202

Bothell, WA 98011

*"Named by FlexJobs as One of the Best Companies for Freelancers"*

*To Unsubscribe, simply reply to this email and put the word Unsubscribe in
the subject line.*

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com