[lg policy] MORE SPACES AVAILABLE for panel & wine reception on 'impact' in sociolinguistics, Mon 13 June, Birmingham (UK)

Dave Sayers dave.sayers at cantab.net
Mon Feb 29 12:57:20 UTC 2016

Oh dear me, how desperately embarrassing... I wondered why there were no extra
registrations for this event after I plugged it below. It turns out that due to a
technical issue also known as hasty oversight, the event tickets were somehow set to
become unavailable one day before I sent the email below. This must have seemed
somewhat cruel to potential attendees, but as the saying goes, never attribute to
malevolence that which can be explained by incompetence. So please re-read my email
below afresh, untainted by the bitter taste of disappointment that must have washed
over you on your first encounter. Read, click, register, come and see us in Birmingham!

Dave

--
Dr. Dave Sayers
Senior Lecturer, Dept Humanities, Sheffield Hallam University | www.shu.ac.uk

On 23/02/2016 20:56, Dave Sayers wrote:
> Hello sociolinguists of varying shapes, flavours, colours and sizes,
>
> This is a gentle reminder, if any of you needed reminding, of the veritable event of
> the summer, the auspicious schmooze & booze panel discussion set up to launch the
> book I've been slaving over for the past four years with my equally long-suffering
> co-editor Rob Lawson: https://www.routledge.com/products/9780415748520.
>
> Here's the link with address and registration details:
> https://slximpactlaunch.eventbrite.co.uk/ (no need to bring your ticket, even if it
> pesters you to do). Three of the book's contributors and both editors will be there
> to celebrate the book's long-awaited release into the wild.
>
> We've intentionally scheduled this two days before the Sociolinguistic Symposium in
> Spain - so if you're heading to the Symposium from abroad, how about coming via
> Birmingham? Stranger things have happened.
>
> There's also this neat little flyer for your delectation: https://goo.gl/LQ9pid.
>
> Please please please redistribute this to absolutely anyone who may or may not have
> the remotest interest in this event.
>
> See you there!
>
> Dave
>
> --