[lg policy] Fwd: LDLP 2016 conference announcement

Harold Schiffman haroldfs at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 16:21:17 UTC 2016

 Forwarded From: Vladimir Pavlov <vpavlov at ucalgary.ca>
Date: Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 6:15 PM

 LDLP 2016 conference announcement

Dear Colleagues,

    We are happy to invite you to take part in an exciting one-day
conference to be held at the University of Calgary:

*COMICS AND CONTEMPORARY LITERACY*

  May 2, 2016;  8:30am - 4:30pm

  Rozsa Centre, University of Calgary

    This is a one day conference featuring presentations and a workshop by
leading authors, scholars, and illustrators from the world of comics and
graphic novels.  This conference is the 5th in the annual *'Linguistic
Diversity and Language Policy'* series sponsored by the Chair, English as
an Additional Language, Werklund School of Education, University of
Calgary.  Tom Ricento is the current Chair-holder.

    Our four presenters for the day are:

     - *Jillian Tamaki*,  illustrator for *This One Summer*, and winner of
the Governor General's Award for children's illustration
     - *Richard van Camp*, best-selling author of *The Lesser Blessed*
and *Three
Feathers*, and member of the Dogrib Nation
     - *Dr. Nick Sousanis*, post-doctoral scholar, teacher and creator of
the philosophical comic *Unflattening*
     - *Dr. Bart Beaty*, University of Calgary professor, acclaimed comics
scholar and author of *Comics vs. Art*

    The conference is *free* and *lunch is provided*.  Seating is limited,
so *register early* by clicking on the following link
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z23CYNK

   We look forward to seeing you on May 2!

[image: Avast logo] <https://www.avast.com/antivirus>

Email:  haroldfs at gmail.com